Friday, June 15, 2012

My angel mother

"All I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
Honest Abe was never more honest...
And this is exactly how I feel about my very own angel mother.

Cute mom and sister.

How did I get so lucky to be able to be born to such a wonderful woman?
Since May 13, 1993 she has been my true and constant friend.
Her advice is perfect.
Her faith is steadfast.
Seriously, she has been through more than most people I know, yet she handles every day filled with grace and service.
She is devoted to the gospel.
She magnifies her callings.
She never ever complains.. even when we all give her a hard, hard time.
I wrote this in my journal one lonely day during my first year at school:
"Why did I wish away those precious years when I was able to just walk downstairs and get a hug from my mom? It's hard nights like these when I just wish I could run down to her room and sit next to her and cry. She always makes me feel better. It's in the gentle way that she strokes my hair and in the way she starts to cry when she sees a tear fall down my own cheek. She is the best mom in the world. I want to be just like her. I miss being with her (my best friend) every day."

I hope and pray that I can be even close to as good as she is someday.

The thing that I love most about my mom is that she makes me want to get to know my Savior better.
Her life reflects His love. She really is a witness of Him through the way she humbly lives her life.

I am so blessed to be her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment