Saturday, June 30, 2012

Roots

Last weekend, my mom, Christian, Hayden and I paid a visit to Price, UT for a family reunion.
The little towns surrounding Price are the places of my ancestors.
It was a special weekend as we were able to visit sites pertaining to our family's history.

Check out all of those Lindseys making the trek out to the old Coke ovens.

Hayden is such a tender-hearted boy.

These are some of the best people I know-- my Grandma and my Grandpa's brothers.
My Grandpa Doug used to hit home runs at this very baseball diamond.

These pictures from our little adventure in Price probably don't mean much to anyone..
But to me, they symbolize SO MUCH.

As we were walking down the narrow streets of Wellington, Sunnyside and Columbia, Utah I could almost picture what it was like at the time my grandparents were living there.
These sweet, run-down towns were once alive and vibrant.

However, it's the people that came from those towns that make me eternally grateful.
I learn so much from them. I learn of faith, loyalty, devotion, humor, love and service.
I learn what it means to be truly in love, dedicated to the gospel and committed to the strengthening of family.
I am such a lucky girl to come from a family like this.
And then I think.... What am I doing today to bless my posterity?

Oh heavens, I could be doing so much more.
I want to be the kind of mother and grandmother that my children and their children will be grateful for.

I thank Heavenly Father every day for the righteous examples and motivations that I see in my ancestors. I want nothing more than to be like them.



No comments:

Post a Comment