Saturday, July 7, 2012

The annual Lindsey campout

We just got home from yet another fantastic year at the Lindsey campout!


After spending a couple of days in the lovely outdoors, I realize that I am entirely in love with:
Pine Valley, UT, chubby babies, bike rides, homemade donuts, outdoor movies, family walks when it's overcast, hammocks, the elderly campground hosts (wouldn't that be THE life?), summer thunderstorms, happy kids with dirt-covered faces, dutch oven potatoes, lawn chair gatherings, and.... my family.
I'm crazy about them.

You know those people that make you want to be better just by spending a little while with them?
Yeah, that's exactly how my family makes me feel.
I love my adorable grandma, my aunts and uncles, my inspiring older cousins and those darling younger cousins.
I love my mom who reassures me that the wild turkey that is about to attack our tent is in all reality my little brother talking in his sleep, and I admire my younger sister who happily agrees to sleep under the stars with me (don't worry, it didn't actually happen).

Basically... the people that make up this family of mine happen to be my favorite people in the world.
Lucky me.




No comments:

Post a Comment