Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy happy happy

Tonight was my last Tuesday working at Pancho and Lefty's, a popular mexican restaurant here in St. George.
As I was walking past a certain table this fella (who, I'm not gonna lie, was a little tipsy) motioned me over to talk to him.
He said to me, "Girl, could you do something for me?"
"Okay."
"Could you just smile, please? Are you sad?"
"No, I'm actually really happy."
"Then smile."
I smiled, but in my head I was thinking that that son of a gun was probably delusional and I was certain that I had been smiling all along.
Yeah, I was probably wrong.

In the midst of daily routines and monotonous tasks, I think I oftentimes forget that I have an awful lot to smile about.

My mom made my favorite mint brownies last night.
My dad danced around to the Beatles on Saturday morning while he cooked pancakes.
I am a BYU student.
I have the greatest friends in all the world.
I was able to work a lot this summer.
All such sweet things that make me oh, so happy.

But most importantly, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I know that there is a living prophet.
I know that I can pray to my Heavenly Father and that He will hear me.
I know that Jesus Christ suffered for my sins-- He knows exactly what I experience everyday.
I know that families are forever, and I know that someday I can be married in the temple to begin my own eternal family.
I know that I can find strength, support and answers in the scriptures everyday.
And I know that the Father of us all knows my name and loves me on a deep, individual level.
I belong to the true Church of Jesus Christ.

What more could a girl need to be completely happy?

So thank you, sir, for reminding me to smile and for reminding me that I have so much to be happy about.




No comments:

Post a Comment