Saturday, September 21, 2013

Our Story





February 14th, 2013
I carried my suitcase to the Wash Hut parking lot to get in the car with a stranger boy who was kind enough to give me a ride to St. George for the weekend (I was going home to complete the last step of my mission papers, oops!)

February 18th, 2013
After the weekend had ended, I sat once more in the car with Scott, the stranger boy. I spent a good majority of the ride trying to think of ways to suggest that we should hang out sometime. I chickened out, but luckily Scott asked me on a date as he dropped me off at my apartment.

February 23rd, 2013
The first date was memorable-- we ate Indian food, went to the BYU Men's Volleyball game, and I, naturally, ended the night on a graceful note by slipping on the ice (seriously all the way down on my booty. I wanted to die!)

March 16, 2013
Luckily, Scott didn't judge me too much for slipping on the ice. On our fourth date, we went to a Jazz game. For some reason, I just knew he was going to hold my hand that night. That's all  I could think about the WHOLE game. Finally, the boy grabbed my hand. He still doesn't let me forget how clammy my hands were that night-- gross huh!!

March 29, 2013
Scott and I smooched for the first time on my doorstep as he was dropping me off from a date--it was so sweet and perfect.

(Our first picture together. This was taken on the same night as our first kiss. Crazy tender, right?) 

March 30, 2013
We took a little stroll around the block. Both of us were a little awkward (me more than Scott), but on this night we decided that we would officially and exclusively date each other. I knew that I was already CRAZY about this boy. 

It wasn't long after this that I decided that there was no way I was leaving Provo for the upcoming summer. I liked this boy an awful lot, and I absolutely did not want to ruin anything with him. So, yep, I stayed! 




May 13, 2013
It was my birthday, and Scott was with me at my parents' house. We went downstairs, he gave me a gift, and we hugged for a minute. Suddenly, Scott said, "I love you." That was the first time he had said it. And honestly, I loved him too... I had for awhile. :) 

The summertime was so perfect. I made numerous calls to my mom telling her that I loved this boy so much and that if it didn't work out with him, I might just die. 



One night, towards the end of June, we started talking marriage. I knew that I wanted to marry him. Early on in our relationship, I just knew that he was someone special, someone that I wanted to have around for a long while. What I saw in Scott was everything I ever wanted in a future husband plus so much more. Throughout the summer, I would pray and pray that things would work out with this wonderful boy who I believed was perfect for me. 

We decided to get married. We went ring shopping. Scott talked to my dad. 

July 26th, 2013
I was with my family at our annual family reunion in one of my favorite places in the entire world-- Pine Valley, UT. Before I left Provo, Scott told me about some potential plans he had for the weekend. I cried because I was going to miss him (3 days is a long time to be away from each other, you know! Ha ha!). So needless to say, I wasn't suspecting anything when my mom told me, on Friday night, that our family was going to do a little treasure hunt for all of the cousins. Little did I know that at the end of this treasure hunt, my treasure (Scott) would be at the end, waiting for me at the Pine Valley Chapel. When we arrived at the chapel, I was instructed to go get the last clue by myself. After no success in finding it, I turned around just in time to see my sweetheart coming from the side of the chapel. With roses in hand, and the prettiest ring I've ever seen, my Scott asked me to be his forever. I couldn't have been more confident in the "yes" I gave him. 


5 weeks from today, I will enter the temple with the boy I have always hoped for and dreamed about. I didn't think it was possible to trust someone and love someone this much. But I do. I love this boy with all of my heart. I am the luckiest girl in the entire world to have the privilege of being with him forever.













No comments:

Post a Comment