Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Just a little story

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to go home and be a bridesmaid at one of my very best friend's wedding. Ashley was such a gorgeous bride, and the day was just absolutely perfect!
That was on Friday, and I stayed in St. George for the rest of the weekend. As the weekend went on, I got sick, sick, sick! Maybe I'm a baby, but I haven't felt that way in a long time. On Sunday morning, I woke up with a burning fever. I was so sad when I realized that I was probably going to miss hearing my little brother's talk in sacrament meeting, eating dinner with my two cute grandmas, going to a family get-together, and spending time with my cute boyfriend later that night. I was bummed (sounds a little bit selfish, but it's true, I was pretty sad!) As I was trying to get out of bed, I realized that I was probably going to be sick all day. I'm ashamed to say that it took me awhile to think of this, but I realized that my very own dad was downstairs, and I decided to ask him for a priesthood blessing. 
He willingly gave me a blessing, and within like ten minutes, my fever was gone, and my aches and pains were disappearing. 
Such a simple little miracle. 
But it just amazes me that while Heavenly Father has much bigger things to worry about than a sad, feverish girl sick in bed, He still takes the time to help me and heal me. What a comfort it is to know that Heavenly Father has a hand in every single, little part of my life (even if it is just a fever). 

No comments:

Post a Comment