Thursday, April 19, 2012

A bittersweet day

Today I finished my freshman year at BYU. I cannot believe it. My mom is picking me up in the morning, and I will live in St. George for 4 months. I am so excited to be with my family... SO excited. I've missed them so much.

But... my heart is aching today, too. I am in love with BYU. Seriously. If you would have told me in September that I would feel like this today, there is no way I would have believed you.

Sure, I've had tough days. I've felt homesick, lonely and inadequate, but this is been one of the best years of my life.

First of all, my roommate has become one of my very best friends. I had to say good-bye to her this morning before I went to take a test, and I walked onto campus crying my little eyes out. When the test was over, I cried even more. And when I came back to an empty dorm room.... I cried a lot. She has been such a good friend to me, and I can't believe that I have only known her for just 8 months. I'm going to miss her so much over the summer.


My ward this year was phenomenal. Honestly, I feel so lucky that I was able to have such an awesome bishopric and to go to church with such inspiring people.
My FHE group

117th Ward


I loved this year. I love learning. Especially about myself. I have discovered so many things about myself that I would've never known if it weren't for my experiences this year.

However, if I have learned anything this year, it is the fact that we do have a Heavenly Father that loves us, and He did send His son Jesus Christ to atone for the sins of the world. Jesus is our only hope. He is the only way back. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that leads me to places where I need to be. I know that BYU is where I am supposed to be. I love it with all of my heart, and I am excited to come back in August!

But until then... give me some St. George sunshine!! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment