Monday, April 2, 2012

Finals, here I come

Well, I figured that I would quickly do a blog post. This is probably going to be my only breather until after finals week. I will only be in Provo for about two more weeks. I can't believe it.

This semester has been wonderful. I took 18 credits.... it was busy, super stressful (I think I lost half of my head of hair), but I wouldn't trade what I've learned for anything.

I only went home once this semester. Sounds silly, but it was a huge accomplishment for me (compared to the six times I went home last semester!) How embarrassing.

I know I'm just an inexperienced freshman girl, but I have learned so many precious things this year at school.

Sometimes I think back to my high school days and think about the things that I thought were hard then.... usually it makes me roll my eyes and laugh at what used to push me to my breaking point.
But really, at the time, those things seemed brutal.

I think that's how Heavenly Father works. He knows what is going to challenge us at the time to push us up to the next level. When we embrace challenges and allow Him to shape and mold us, we can be better prepared for the next obstacles in our paths. Our Father in Heaven sees the big picture; He has a plan for each of His children.

Also, I'm not quite sure how I would have handled my first year of college without the things that I learned (and am still learning) from my parents. They are my heroes. Both have seen hard, dark and miserable days. I am so, so, so eternally grateful for the faith they held onto. I don't know what I would do without them. What a lucky girl I am to be able to call them Mom and Dad.

I'm so thankful for the beautiful people that I met here this year. It's amazing how quickly friends can be made. I feel like I've been with these people my whole life...

I'm also grateful for: late-night runs, the salad bar at the Cannon Center, Pinterest, General Conference, the temple (right up the street!), indian food, my visiting teachers, my siblings (Todd, Brittany, Kent, Allison, Brock, Amanda, Christian, Hayden), Justin Trapp, country music, birds chirping in the mornings, the sound of trains, the fact that summer is in the air, my lavender oil that I douse my pillow with and the tulips that are blooming on campus.

And... I'm thankful for the sight of a cozy bed that is calling my name.


A little bit old, but it made me happy today.
And this. Miss you, chili beans. (Sorry for choking you, Hay man).
This makes me happy, too.
Very happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment